Wednesday 23 July 2014

Let Loose



Thailand is incredible. Hands down one of the best experiences of my entire life and I've only been here for eight days. We got to Chiang Mai on Thursday of last week and found our hostel successfully. The people who were in our dorm are all such lovely human beings, it amazes me that eight or nine people that get on that well would all wind up in a dorm together. 

We've trekked through the jungle up a 12 layer waterfall, ridden elephants, walked for hours around a zoo set at the bottom of Chiang Mai's mountains and drunk what some would say is too much Chang, honestly though you can't have too much Chang.

Chiang Mai is my favourite place I've ever had the good fortune of visitng. It's a city, and you can't forget that, the fact is forced upon you fairly harshly. However a twenty minute drive and you are surrounded by jungle and mountain and empty roads. Even though it's a city there's an air of calm, you know that everything is somehow going to work out for the best, I love it there, genuine love. There's something for everyone, posh hotels to shoddy hostels whose showers don't even reach luke warm, bars that make you relaxed just by walking in and clubs which you could lose hours dancing in. I cannot recommend the city and it's surrounding area enough. I don't want to romanticise it, it has it's downfalls, it's loud and there's a military presence for sure, but it's easy enough to look past the cons when there are so many pros.

We are in Phuket now, and heading to Phi Phi tomorrow. This is exciting, I'm constantly on my feet in an ever changing new environments, it's good, it's incredible. 

Katie. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment