Thursday 17 July 2014

Sixty Litres Is Not Enough Space



On Saturday I packed a months worth of clothes into a backpack and this morning I said goodbye to my mum and cats and set off for London, in order to get to Gatwick for 7am on Monday morning. 

My friend Isabel and I decided at some point last year that we wanted to travel, and we were fed up of talking about things that never happen and so we booked two return flights to Thailand and began to read guide books and blog posts and hostel reviews. Suddenly we're here, the penultimate day before our flights, backpacks packed and minds full of plans and ideas. 

While I've been on holiday before I've never really travelled. Most of my holidays have consisted of school trips or lying in the sun, so this is all completely new. We have things we want to do and places we want to see but no itinerary, no booked hostels, absolutely no set plans, for the most-part we are just having an adventure, thousands of miles from home. I'm excited, albeit anxious, but I know this will be incredible and so I'm trying to fight my nerves and just enjoy myself.

Katie. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment